So, my apartment got broken into 😦
But even though that’s certainly not a good thing, I can find lots to be thankful for, including…
- That I was not here when it happened – Praise God!
- I did not find out about it until today as I headed home and not when it actually happened (on the weekend – had no signal on my cell phone, and the leasing office had no alternate number to reach me at). This may not seem like a good thing, but at least I was not worrying about it for days without being able to do anything about it
- My car was not parked outside – I paid a chunk of change to leave it at the airport, but had it been outside my apartment, that too may have been broken into and/or stolen and I definitely can’t afford car repairs right now, or even worse, to be without transportation
- I didn’t have very much of value in the apartment – printer and keyboard (piano) gone, but nothing else (not that I can see yet anyway)
- Modem and router were underneath a table out of view, so neither of those were taken – can’t afford to be without my internet – it’s my connection with the world
- The folks in my leasing office are diligent enough to have found my open door, repair the damage to the door and/or doorjam and file a police report on my behalf
- As I sleep in my apartment tonight, I have the peace of mind that God is with me, so I have nothing to worry about – locking my bedroom door though, just in case 🙂
There are other things I can find to be thankful for in this situation, but for now, I will stick with the perfect number.
In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. (1 Thessalonians 5:18)